Thursday, September 29, 2011

If You Give a Girl a Picture...

She'll more than likely want to keep it forever.  ~*~*~

No matter what is on the actual photograph.  Case in point - I found a picture of a chinese baby making the cutest face EVER about 10 years ago on the internet and printed it off.  That photo is still hanging inside my armoire. And I still smile everytime I see it.

Which got me thinking...

I've got several old family photos that my grandparents have given me, as well as photos I've acquired digitally for various family functions.  I hate not being able to display them.  Resizing is too expensive and I wouldn't DREAM of cutting them or mounting them in a scrapbook for fear of damaging them or losing the photo, etc.

So why not just DIY screenprint it onto an 8 x 10 canvas?

Don't mind if I do!

I took my favorite picture of my dad and my three uncles with my grandpa that I had on my computer and made it into an 8 x 10 canvas in less time than it takes to find something decent to watch on TV.  (Seriously, what is this crap they televise anymore???)

Granted it was my first trial... but now that I've seen I can do it, I'm sure I'll be doing it more often!  I can take any photo, adjust it to my own specifications, and ta-da! 


For ideas on photo layouts click here

No comments:

Post a Comment